This 5-day instructor led course provides students with the technical skills required to write basic Transact-SQL queries for Microsoft SQL Server 2014. This course is the foundation for all SQL Server-related disciplines; namely, Database Administration, Database Development and Business Intelligence. The main purpose of the course is to prepare people for the exam “70-461: Writing Queries Using Microsoft® SQL Server® 2014 Transact-SQL.” This exam will be the underlying exam for all SQL Server-related disciplines; namely, Database Administration, Database Development and Business Intelligence. As such, the primary target audience for this course is: Database Administrators, Database Developers and BI professionals.
Note: This course is designed for customers who are interested in learning SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014. It covers the new features in SQL Server 2014, but also the important capabilities across the SQL Server data platform.
This course is intended for Database Administrators, Database Developers, and Business Intelligence professionals. The course will very likely be well attended by SQL power users who aren’t necessarily database-focused or plan on taking the exam; namely, report writers, business analysts and client application developers.
At course completion:
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the basic architecture and concepts of Microsoft SQL Server 2014.
- Understand the similarities and differences between Transact-SQL and other computer languages.
- Write SELECT queries
- Query multiple tables
- Sort and filter data
- Describe the use of data types in SQL Server
- Modify data using Transact-SQL
- Use built-in functions
- Group and aggregate data
- Use subqueries
- Use table expressions
- Use set operators
- Use window ranking, offset and aggregate functions
- Implement pivoting and grouping sets
- Execute stored procedures
- Program with T-SQL
- Implement error handling
- Implement transactions
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality
Microsoft official course support in electronic format, internationally recognized Microsoft diploma.
Method of payment: Bank transfer.
After confirming the reservation, you will receive the proforma invoice for the course.