MOC 20767 Course: Implementing a SQL Data Warehouse
8 Hours/Day Online
09:00 - 17:00
This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to provision a Microsoft SQL Server database. The course covers SQL Server provision both on-premise and in Azure, and covers installing from new and migrating from an existing install.
The primary audience for this course are database professionals who need to fulfil a Business Intelligence Developer role. They will need to focus on hands-on work creating BI solutions including Data Warehouse implementation, ETL, and data cleansing.
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the key elements of a data warehousing solution
- Describe the main hardware considerations for building a data warehouse
- Implement a logical design for a data warehouse
- Implement a physical design for a data warehouse
- Create columnstore indexes
- Implementing an Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Describe the key features of SSIS
- Implement a data flow by using SSIS
- Implement control flow by using tasks and precedence constraints
- Create dynamic packages that include variables and parameters
- Debug SSIS packages
- Describe the considerations for implement an ETL solution
- Implement Data Quality Services
- Implement a Master Data Services model
- Describe how you can use custom components to extend SSIS
- Deploy SSIS projects
- Describe BI and common BI scenarios
Prior required knowledge
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.
Microsoft official course support in electronic format, internationally recognized Microsoft diploma.
Module 1: Introduction to Data WarehousingNo items in this section
Module 2: Planning Data Warehouse InfrastructureNo items in this section
Module 3: Designing and Implementing a Data WarehouseNo items in this section
Module 4: Columnstore IndexesNo items in this section
Module 5: Implementing an Azure SQL Data WarehouseNo items in this section
Module 6: Creating an ETL SolutionNo items in this section
Module 7: Implementing Control Flow in an SSIS PackageNo items in this section
Module 8: Debugging and Troubleshooting SSIS PackagesNo items in this section
Module 9: Implementing an Incremental ETL ProcessNo items in this section
Module 10: Enforcing Data QualityNo items in this section
Module 11: Using Master Data ServicesNo items in this section
Module 12: Extending SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)No items in this section
Module 13: Deploying and Configuring SSIS PackagesNo items in this section
Module 14: Consuming Data in a Data WarehouseNo items in this section