MOC 20764 Course: Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure
8 Hours/Day Online
9:00 - 17:00
This five-day instructor-led course provides students who administer and maintain SQL Server databases with the knowledge and skills to administer a SQL server database infrastructure. Additionally, it will be of use to individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
The primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases. These individuals perform database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility, or work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job.
The secondary audiences for this course are individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Authenticate and authorize users
- Assign server and database roles
- Authorize users to access resources
- Protect data with encryption and auditing
- Describe recovery models and backup strategies
- Backup SQL Server databases
- Restore SQL Server databases
- Automate database management
- Configure security for the SQL Server agent
- Manage alerts and notifications
- Managing SQL Server using PowerShell
- Trace access to SQL Server
- Monitor a SQL Server infrastructure
- Troubleshoot a SQL Server infrastructure
- Import and export data
Prior required knowledge
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.
Microsoft official course support in electronic format, lunch, coffee break, internationally recognized Microsoft diploma.
Bonus: A 10% discount voucher for the 2nd course purchased
- 7-8 participants / group – 5% discount on the list price
- 9-10 participants / group – 10% discount on the list price
- > 10 participants / group – the price is negotiable
Module 1: SQL Server SecurityNo items in this section
Module 2: Assigning Server and Database RolesNo items in this section
Module 3: Authorizing Users to Access ResourcesNo items in this section
Module 4: Protecting Data with Encryption and AuditingNo items in this section
Module 5: Recovery Models and Backup StrategiesNo items in this section
Module 6: Backing Up SQL Server DatabasesNo items in this section
Module 7: Restoring SQL Server 2016 DatabasesNo items in this section
Module 8: Automating SQL Server ManagementNo items in this section
Module 9: Configuring Security for SQL Server AgentNo items in this section
Module 10: Monitoring SQL Server with Alerts and NotificationsNo items in this section
Module 11: Introduction to Managing SQL Server by using PowerShellNo items in this section
Module 12: Tracing Access to SQL Server with Extended eventsNo items in this section
Module 13: Monitoring SQL ServerNo items in this section
Module 14: Troubleshooting SQL ServerNo items in this section
Module 15: Importing and Exporting DataNo items in this section