MOC 10987C Course: Performance Tuning and Optimizing SQL Databases
8 Hours/Day Online
09:00 - 17:00
This four-day instructor-led course provides students who manage and maintain SQL Server databases with the knowledge and skills to performance tune and optimize their databases.
The primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases and are responsible for optimal performance of SQL Server instances that they manage. These individuals also write queries against data and need to ensure optimal execution performance of the workloads.
The secondary audiences for this course are individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the high level architectural overview of SQL Server and its various components.
- Describe the SQL Server execution model, waits and queues.
- Describe core I/O concepts, Storage Area Networks and performance testing.
- Describe architectural concepts and best practices related to data files for user databases and TempDB.
- Describe architectural concepts and best practices related to Concurrency, Transactions, Isolation Levels and Locking.
- Describe architectural concepts of the Optimizer and how to identify and fix query plan issues.
- Describe architectural concepts, troubleshooting scenarios and best practices related to Plan Cache.
- Describe architectural concepts, troubleshooting strategy and usage scenarios for Extended Events.
- Explain data collection strategy and techniques to analyze collected data.
- Understand techniques to identify and diagnose bottlenecks to improve overall performance.
Prior required knowledge:
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of database administration and maintenance
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
Microsoft official course support in electronic format, internationally recognized Microsoft diploma.
Module 1: SQL Server Architecture, Scheduling, and WaitsNo items in this section
Module 2: SQL Server I/ONo items in this section
Module 3: Database StructuresNo items in this section
Module 4: SQL Server MemoryNo items in this section
Module 5: SQL Server ConcurrencyNo items in this section
Module 6: Statistics and Index InternalsNo items in this section
Module 7: Query Execution and Query Plan AnalysisNo items in this section
Module 8: Plan Caching and RecompilationNo items in this section
Module 9: Extended EventsNo items in this section
Module 10: Monitoring, Tracing, and BaseliningNo items in this section