MOC 55084 Course: Excel 2013 Self-Service Analytics with No Code for the End User
8 Hours/Day Online
09:00 - 17:00
This course is designed for the end users and analysts that are interested in exploring the new self-service business intelligence tools in Excel and SharePoint Server 2013.
This course is intended for all business professionals including IT professional, developers, managers, project leads, project managers, and team leads, but we do not expect coding skills, just thinking skills!
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explore SharePoint 2013 interface.
- Understand pivot tables (optional).
- Explore the PowerPivot user interface.
- Import data.
- Import large datasets.
- Import data with a query.
- Create relationships.
- Create a cascading relationship.
- Create a relationship between tables from different sources.
- Hide columns, change data types, sort, and filter.
- Create and configure calculated columns and calculated fields.
- Add a calculated field from the pivot table.
- Filter context using one table.
- Understand row context and dynamic selection.
- Use FILTER function.
- Use CALCULATE function.
- Build a date table.
- Relate a table to an Excel calendar table.
- Create and configure Time Intelligence.
- Create and configure perspectives.
- Create and configure hierarchies.
- Create and configure KPIs.
- Create a report using Power View.
- Explore and connect to data sources using Power Query.
- Extract, transform, and load data using Power Query.
- Perform online searches.
- Managing data sources and queries.
- Create and configure a Power Map report.
- Create and configure a Tour.
Prior required knowledge
Before attending this course, students must have a minimum of two to three years of experience developing web-based applications by using Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft ASP.NET, proficiency in using the .NET Framework, and some familiarity with the C# language.
Microsoft official course support in electronic format, internationally recognized Microsoft diploma.
Module 1: Course OverviewNo items in this section
Module 2: Microsoft Business Intelligence VisionNo items in this section
Module 3: Excel 2013 PowerPivotNo items in this section
Module 4: Power ViewNo items in this section
Module 5: Power QueryNo items in this section
Module 6: Power MapNo items in this section
Module 7: Summary Lab ExercisesNo items in this section