8:00 - 17:00
In this course, students will learn essential programming skills and techniques that are required to develop Windows Store apps. This includes a combination of both design and development skills, as well as ensuring that students are comfortable using and making the most of the Microsoft Visual Studio and Expression Blend tools.
This course maps to the 70-481 exam.
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the Windows 8 platform and features, and explore the basics of a Windows app interface.
- Create the User Interface layout and structure.
- Apply the MVVM pattern to application design.
- Implement the AppBar and layout controls.
- Use templates to create the UI.
- Use data binding to present data in the UI.
- Handle files and streams.
- Design and implement Process Lifetime Management (PLM).
- Handle navigation scenarios in a Windows Store app.
- Implement Semantic Zoom.
- Design and implement contracts such as Search, Share and Settings.
- Implement tiles and toast notifications in a Windows Store app.
- Respond to mouse, keyboard and touch events, including gestures.
- Deploy a Windows Store app to the Windows Store or an enterprise store.
Prior required knowledge
Before attending this course, students must have:
- 1 or more years of experience creating applications
- 1 to 3 months experience creating Windows client applications
- 1 to 3 months experience using Visual Studio 2010 or 2012
Microsoft official course support in electronic format, lunch, coffee break, internationally recognized Microsoft diploma.
Bonus: A 10% discount voucher for the 2nd course purchased
- 7-8 participants / group – 5% discount on the list price
- 9-10 participants / group – 10% discount on the list price
- > 10 participants / group – the price is negotiable
Module 1: Overview of the Windows 8.1 Platform and Windows Store AppsNo items in this section
Module 2: Single-Page Apps and the MVVM Design PatternNo items in this section
Module 3: Using WinJSNo items in this section
Module 4: Implementing Layout Using Windows 8.1 ControlsNo items in this section
Module 5: Presenting DataNo items in this section
Module 6: Implementing Tiles and User NotificationsNo items in this section
Module 7: Handling Files in Windows Store AppsNo items in this section
Module 8: Windows Store App Process Lifetime ManagementNo items in this section
Module 9: Designing and Implementing Navigation in a Windows StoreAppNo items in this section
Module 10: Implementing Windows 8.1 ContractsNo items in this section
Module 11: Designing and Implementing a Data Access StrategyNo items in this section
Module 12: Responding to Mouse and TouchNo items in this section
Module 13: Planning for Windows Store App DeploymentNo items in this section