This five-day instructor-led course teaches how to plan and design a Microsoft Lync Server 2010 solution to IT professionals. The course emphasizes Voice features in Lync 2010 from a deployment perspective. In this course, students learn how to plan and design a Lync Server 2010 system. The labs in this course utilize the Lync Server 2010 Planning Workbook and Planning Tool. This course helps the student prepare for Exam 70-665.
The audience for this course is information technology (IT) professionals who are experienced on Lync Server 2010 technologies and who have a Technical Specialist certification on the course, Configuring and Managing Microsoft Lync Server 2010, or equivalent knowledge. Students taking this course are expected to have experience in hands-on deployment and day-to-day management of Unified Communications technologies for enterprise organizations.
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the Lync Server 2010 design process.
- Design a Lync Server 2010 topology.
- Design for conferencing and external scenarios.
- Design for load balancing.
- Design voice infrastructure.
- Design a Mediation Server topology.
- Create a network design for Lync Server 2010.
- Design Response Group Services.
- Design for Location Services.
- Design Exchange Unified Messaging Integration with Lync Server 2010.
- Design for resiliency.
- Design for backup and disaster recovery.
- Design for monitoring and archiving.
- Plan a migration to Lync Server 2010.
Prior required knowledge
The students should have experience in core Lync Server 2010 technology with specialist skills in:
- Features and architecture
- Dial plans
- External User Access and Federation
- High Availability
- Load Balancing
- Bandwidth management
- Central and Branch Office Sites
- Enterprise Voice
- Call Management
- Audio/Web/Dial-in Conferencing
- Topology options including services, server roles, colocation and geographical placement
Apart from this, students should have knowledge on Windows Server Active Directory deployment and should have attended the TS level Course 10533A: Configuring and Managing Microsoft Lync Server 2010 or possess equivalent experience or skills.
Suportul de curs oficial Microsoft in format electronic, masa de pranz, coffee break, diploma Microsoft recunoscuta international.