This three-day instructor-led course is aimed at database professionals who manage Business Intelligence (BI) operations. This course looks at various options that provide the ability of business users to analyze data and share their findings, starting with managed BI data sources and expanding to personal and external/public data sources.
The primary audience for this course are business intelligence professionals.
The secondary audiences for this course are technically proficient business users.
At course completion
- After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe key features of a self-service BI solution
- Describe the key capabilities of SQL Server BI in a SharePoint environment
- Describe common Analysis Services operational tasks
- Describe PowerPivot for SharePoint server
- Describe Power Query
- Describe Windows Azure HDInsight
Prior required knowledge
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Some basic knowledge of data warehouse schema topology (including star and snowflake schemas)
- Some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching)
- An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.
- Familiarity with SharePoint Server and Microsoft Office applications – particularly Excel
Microsoft official course support in electronic format, internationally recognized Microsoft diploma.