MOC 20410 Course: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
8:00 - 17:00
Get hands-on instruction and practice installing and configuring Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2, in this five-day Microsoft Official Course. This course is part one in a series of three courses that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment.
The three courses collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. Although there is some cross-over of skills and tasks across these courses, this course focuses on the initial implementation and configuration of core services, such as Networking, Storage, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Group Policy, File and Print Services, and Hyper-V.
This course maps directly to and is the preferred choice for hands-on preparation for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Exam 410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012, which is the first of three exams required for the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 credential.
Labs in this course are based on Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1.
- Windows Server administrators who are relatively new to Windows Server administration and related technologies who are looking to learn more about Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- IT professionals who are experienced in other non-Microsoft technologies, who meet the course prerequisites and are looking to cross-train on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- IT professionals who are looking to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) 410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 exam.
- IT professionals who want to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in DataCenter, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration and Communications will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) exams. These are a prerequisite for their individual specialties.
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure Windows Server 2012.
- Describe AD DS.
- Manage Active Directory objects.
- Automate Active Directory administration.
- Implement IPv4.
- Implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Implement Domain Name System (DNS).
- Implement IPv6.
- Implement local storage.
- Implement file and print services.
- Implement Group Policy.
- Secure Windows servers by using Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Implement server virtualization by using Hyper-V.
Prior required knowledge
- An understanding of networking fundamentals.
- An understanding of basic AD DS concepts.
- An awareness and understanding of security best practices.
- Basic knowledge of server hardware.
- Experience working with, and configuring, Windows client operating systems, such as Windows 7 or Windows 8.
Additionally, students would benefit from having some previous Windows Server operating system experience.
All of the above prerequisites can be met by having knowledge equivalent to, or by attending, course 10967A: Fundamentals of a Windows Server Infrastructure because this course builds upon knowledge and skills covered in that course.
Microsoft official course support in electronic format, lunch, coffee break, internationally recognized Microsoft diploma.
Bonus: A 10% discount voucher for the 2nd course purchased
- 7-8 participants / group – 5% discount on the list price
- 9-10 participants / group – 10% discount on the list price
- > 10 participants / group – the price is negotiable
Module 1: Deploying and Managing Windows Server 2012Niciun element în această secțiune
Module 2: Introduction to Active Directory Domain ServicesNiciun element în această secțiune
Module 3: Managing Active Directory Domain Services ObjectsNiciun element în această secțiune
Module 4: Automating Active Directory Domain Services AdministrationNiciun element în această secțiune
Module 5: Implementing IPv4Niciun element în această secțiune
Module 6: Implementing Dynamic Host Configuration ProtocolNiciun element în această secțiune
Module 7: Implementing DNSNiciun element în această secțiune
Module 8: Implementing IPv6Niciun element în această secțiune
Module 9: Implementing Local StorageNiciun element în această secțiune
Module 10: Implementing File and Print ServicesNiciun element în această secțiune
Module 11: Implementing Group PolicyNiciun element în această secțiune
Module 12: Securing Windows Servers Using Group Policy ObjectsNiciun element în această secțiune
Module 13: Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-VNiciun element în această secțiune