In this course students will learn how to create and share interactive dashboards using Excel PowerPivot, Power View and SharePoint. Students will walk through the development of a dashboard project with the steps, concepts, formulas, and functions that are used explained in detail.
This course is targeted at Business Intelligence developers and Power Users that are currently, or are in process of, developing Excel dashboards.
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand how to develop multiple dashboards.
- Understand how to change deployed dashboards.
- Understand how to provide interactive help for dashboards.
- Understand how to monitor dashboard utilization.
- Understand how to control dashboard updates.
- Understand how to import data.
- Understand how to relate data.
- Understand how to enrich data.
- Understand how to use time calculations.
- Source data.
- Understand tabular data.
- Understand visual data.
- Understand linked tables.
- Create a dashboard.
- Understand how to add drillthrough.
- Understand visualizations in Power View.
- Add interactivity.
- Understand how to deploy to SharePoint.
- Understand automatic data refresh.
- Share using SharePoint Excel Services.
Prior required knowledge
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience installing PC hardware and devices.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts.
- Basic Windows and Active Directory knowledge.
- The skills to map network file shares.
- Experience working from a command prompt.
- Basic knowledge of the fundamentals of applications. For example, how client computer applications communicate with the server.
- Basic understanding of security concepts such as authentication and authorization.
- An understanding of the fundamental principles of using printers.
Microsoft official course support in electronic format, internationally recognized Microsoft diploma.